As of 10/2021
- Headspace, a popular mindfulness and guided meditation app (available for both iOS and Android) has helped many healthcare workers cope with the COVID-19 related stress and trauma.
- Calm is a company and app that offers free resources, including a stress management workbook to help counterbalance stress.
- Learn to recognize the signs of burnout (depression, irritability, sadness, disconnection from others)
- Ask for help if you are feeling overwhelmed
- Make time for yourself and your family
- Emergency responder tips for taking care of yourself: https://emergency.cdc.gov/coping/responders.asp
- How to cope with stress as a healthcare worker during COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/mental-health-healthcare.html
- Tufts has published a list of mental health resources for healthcare workers: https://www.medicalmentalhealth.com/
- Resource for dealing with ethical dilemmas during COVID-19: https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/covid-19-ethics-resource-center
- Treat yourself! See amazing food deals for healthcare workers here: https://www.averagesocialite.com/average-socialite/2020/4/1/perks-for-covid-19-healthcare-workers
- Free or discounted transportation resources: https://ddot.dc.gov/page/shared-mobility-essential-workers