As of 10/10/2021
- Gyms are open in DC, Maryland and Virginia with capacity limits. Check online at your local gym’s website.
Try creative alternatives to fitness routines! The alternatives include body weight exercises, using household items as weights, yoga, and dancing to name a few.
- If it is safe and feasible, exercising outdoors (walking, hiking, biking) while maintaining 6ft of distance from others is a great way to keep moving
- See the CDC recommendations on safe fitness activities: Participate in Outdoor and Indoor Activities.
- Many gyms and exercise studios, including locally owned gyms in the DC area, are offering free online workouts that anyone can access. You do not need workout equipment to complete these exercises.
- Click this link for a list of free movement resources available online!
Here are some online recommendations:
- Urban Boxing DC has free online workouts.
- Bluebird Sky Yoga is streaming for-purchase classes.
- 202Strong is a DC area fitness group with some free workout videos.
- Peloton is offering a 3 month free trial. Spinning/workout equipment is not needed.
- OrangeTheory has free 30-minute workout videos on its YouTube channel.
- 24GO Fitness app contains on-demand workouts and premium content for free
- CorePower Yoga has a series of YouTube videos from 2020 of at-home follow-along workouts.
- Nike has made all Nike Training Club workouts free.
- Many Youtube channels provide quality free content
- BodyFit by Amy has a series of workouts ranging from 5-45 minutes and has multiple categories including kettlebell, bodyweight, and dumbbells.
Try something new and support a small business!
- Dance Place
- Styles include: modern dance, African dance, hip-hop dance, creative movement, tumbling, tap dance, ballet, and other dance forms
- Capoeira DC
- A black-owned academy for practicing Capoeira, an Afro-Brazilian dance/martial-art
- Offers in-person classes