As of 12/2020
- Shopping Angels: Program designed to provide services to those populations deemed especially at-risk for COVID-19. To help ease the uncertainty, anxiety, and fear surrounding this pandemic, we are volunteering to deliver groceries or other necessities to those who may need to stay home. Shopping Angels is a free delivery service. This can be a resource for the elderly or immuno-compromised, and it is also a volunteering opportunity. More information can be found on the website (https://shoppingangelsglobal.org/).
- Capital Area Food Bank: The CAFB is in urgent need of volunteers to pack and sort food at their warehouse, and to assist in off site distributions. For more info, click here.
- Food and Friends: Provides fresh meals and groceries at no cost to people with AIDS and other life-challenging illnesses throughout the metro area. Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 crisis, volunteer need is extremely high. Volunteers will be bagging groceries for the Groceries to Go! Program, or will assist in preparing meals. Please contact Katrina Mathis (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up for a specific shift.
- Martha’s Table: Volunteers help prep, cook, and package meals, and may be asked to help prepare bags of groceries.
- Grace’s Table– Looking for volunteers to help feed the homeless every Saturday.
- So Others Might Eat: SOME is an interfaith, community-based service organization that exists to help and support residents of our nation’s capital experiencing homelessness and poverty.
- We Are Family– Volunteer to deliver groceries to seniors.